Enroll for our FREE updates
- We'll send you a periodic update.
- Receive a FREE eBook
Old School Old Fashioned
- Begin with a nice peel of orange, and one peel of lemon, at the bottom of your serving glass.
- On top of that add one packet of ‘sugar in the raw.
- Add ‘three’ shakes of Angostura bitters.
- Add ‘two’ bar spoonfuls of water, to help dissolve the sugar and soften the whiskey.
- Muddled these ingredients together. Releasing the citrus oils.
- Add Ice to top of serving glass
- Add ‘two’ ounces Bourbon Whiskey
- Stir to incorporate flavors
- Add ‘one’ nice orange peel twist on top for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Old-fashioned is a classic whiskey drink that has been served since around 1880 at the Pendennis Club in Louisville, Kentucky and is (disputably) the first drink referred to as a cocktail. It is the perfect ideal of what a cocktail should contain: a spirit, a sweet, a bitter, and water.
There is also a dispute as to use rye or bourbon, sometimes brandy and never rum. Depends on where you come from and what you like. I like bourbon, you can use anything you like.
Check out my bartending and beverage Books
Check out our Store
When is Your Next Party?
Get it touch!
What about beverage business?
Management Services and Consulting and more in our services pages.
Need a Web Site for Marketing or E-Commerce ?
Check out my web designer