Old School Old Fashioned
- Begin with a nice peel of orange, and one peel of lemon, at the bottom of your serving glass.
- On top of that add one packet of 'sugar in the raw.
- Add 'three' shakes of Angostura bitters.
- Add 'two' bar spoonfuls of water, to help dissolve the sugar and soften the whiskey.
- Muddled these ingredients together. Releasing the citrus oils.
- Add Ice to top of serving glass
- Add 'two' ounces Bourbon Whiskey
- Stir to incorporate flavors
- Add 'one' nice orange peel twist on top for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Old-fashioned is a classic whiskey drink that has been served since around 1880 at the Pendennis Club in Louisville, Kentucky and is (disputably) the first drink referred to as a cocktail
. It is the perfect ideal of what a cocktail should contain: a spirit, a sweet, a bitter, and water.
There is also a dispute as to use rye or bourbon, sometimes brandy and never rum. Depends on where you come from and what you like. I like bourbon, you can use anything you like.