Enroll for our FREE updates
- We'll send you a periodic update.
- Receive a FREE eBook
• Begin With a Mixing Glass Full of Ice.
• 1 ounce Premium Gin
• 1 ounce Campari
• 1 ounce Sweet Vermouth
• Stir 30 to 50 Times
• Strain into a Chilled Cocktail Glass
• Garnish with an Orange Peel
- Check out my bartending and beverage Books
- Yes, we have bartender Gear and bartender Training
- When is Your Next Party?
- What about beverage business? Management Services and Consulting
- Need a Web Site for Marketing or E-Commerce ?
The Negroni cocktail is made of one part gin, one part sweet vermouth and one part bitters, traditionally Campari. The most widely reported account of it’s origin, is that it was invented in Florence, Italy in 1919, at Caffè Casoni, which is now called Caffè Cavalli. Count Camillo Negroni invented it by asking the bartender, Fosco Scarselli, to strengthen his favorite cocktail, the Americano, by adding gin rather than the normal soda water. The bartender also added an orange garnish rather than the typical lemon garnish of the Americano to signify that it was a different drink. One of the earliest reports of the drink came from Orson Welles in correspondence with the Coshocton Tribune while working in Rome on Cagliostro in 1947, where he described a new drink called the Negroni.
Check out my bartending and beverage Books
Check out our Store
When is Your Next Party?
Get it touch!
What about beverage business?
Management Services and Consulting and more in our services pages.
Need a Web Site for Marketing or E-Commerce ?
Check out my web designer