Enroll for our FREE updates
- We'll send you a periodic update.
- Receive a FREE eBook
- Hurricane Southern Classic
- Begin with a Hurricane Glass full of Ice,*
- crushed ice is best, then add
- 1 ½ oz Light Rum
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 3 oz passionfruit syrup
- 1 oz dark rum floater
- Garnish with a lemon wedge
- Check out my bartending and beverage Books
- Yes, we have bartender Gear and bartender Training
- When is Your Next Party?
- What about beverage business? Management Services and Consulting
- Need a Web Site for Marketing or E-Commerce ?
This is the perfect southern cocktail. The creation of this passion fruit drink is credited to New Orleans tavern owner Pat O’Brien. In the 1940s, he needed to create a new drink to help him get rid of all of the less popular rum that local distributors forced him to buy before he could get a few cases of more popular liquors such as scotch and whiskey. He poured is creation into hurricane-lamp-shaped glasses and sold it to local sailors. The drink caught on, and it has been a mainstay in the French Quarter ever since. I’m taking a little creative license and topping mine with dark rum. This is NOT the traditional recipe, but it’s my video.
A southern ‘classic’! This drink is BIG down there! and Strong! It’s OK if you don’t float the dark rum. Lot’s of people make em that way. Made with a good passion fruit syrup, that’s the key to this drink. Cheers!
Check out my bartending and beverage Books
Check out our Store
When is Your Next Party?
Get it touch!
What about beverage business?
Management Services and Consulting and more in our services pages.
Need a Web Site for Marketing or E-Commerce ?
Check out my web designer