Enroll for our FREE updates
- We'll send you a periodic update.
- Receive a FREE eBook
- Begin with a champagne flute glass
- On a cocktail napkin, place one cube of sugar and shake Angostura Bitters…
- Soak this sugar cube completley.
- Fill full of Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- Add (Drop in) this Soaked Sugar Cube (Don’t try this with a packet of sugar, it wont work correctly)
- Garnish with a fresh peel of Lemon
This is one of the earliest examples of cocktail creationism. I can imagine Monk Perignon would have thrown in a couple berries himself at some point…. Anyway… sparkling wine makes a wonderful elixir to add to any kind of flavor or juice that you like. In this case… an Angostura bitters soaked cube of sugar and a lemon twist will jazz up this drink to make it a delight. Feel free to try different flavored bitters or different sugars. In any case, a ‘packet’ of sugar will not work. It makes the cocktail foam over.
Trust me… I’ve tried it many times. Cheers!
Check out my bartending and beverage Books
Check out our Store
When is Your Next Party?
Get it touch!
What about beverage business?
Management Services and Consulting and more in our services pages.
Need a Web Site for Marketing or E-Commerce ?
Check out my web designer