Enroll for our FREE updates
- We'll send you a periodic update.
- Receive a FREE eBook
- 4 Lime Wedges, Cut in Half to Make 8 Segments
- 1 ½ Packets of Raw Sugar
- Muddle These… Then Add
- 2 ounce Cachaca
- Over ice in a rocks serving glass
- Lime Wedge Garnish
- Read or print the Complete Drink Recipe
- Check out my bartending and beverage Books
- Yes, we have bartender Gear and bartender Training
- When is Your Next Party?
- What about beverage business? Management Services and Consulting
- Need a Web Site for Marketing or E-Commerce ?
The Caipirinha Cocktail is the nation drink of Brazil! It is made with fresh lime segments, sugar and cachaca. Cachaca is not a rum! It is similar, however the difference is that cachaca is is made with the fresh pressed juice from sugar cane, then fermented to make cachaca. Rum is usually made with the fermented by-products of sugar production, like molasses.
The word caipirinha is the diminutive version of the word caipira, which refers to someone from the countryside, being an almost exact equivalent of the American English, slang term: hillbilly. This cocktail is wildly popular in Brazil. A couple of variations, though not quite as popular are the Caipiroska, which is made with vodka substituted for cachaça, and the Caipiríssima is a caipirinha made with rum instead of cachaça.
Check out my bartending and beverage Books
Check out our Store
When is Your Next Party?
Get it touch!
What about beverage business?
Management Services and Consulting and more in our services pages.
Need a Web Site for Marketing or E-Commerce ?
Check out my web designer