Enroll for our FREE updates
- We'll send you a periodic update.
- Receive a FREE eBook
- Aviation Cocktail
- 2 ounce Gin
- ½ ounce Luxardo Marachino Liqueur
- ½ ounce Crème de Voilet
- ¾ ounce Fresh Lemon Juice
- Shake & strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish With a lemon twist
- Check out my bartending and beverage Books
- Yes, we have bartender Gear and bartender Training
- When is Your Next Party?
- What about beverage business? Management Services and Consulting
- Need a Web Site for Marketing or E-Commerce ?
The cocktail known as ‘The Aviation’ was first created in the early 1900s at the Wallick Hotel of New York, by a gentleman named Hugo Ensslin. Mr. Ensslin first published this recipe in his own book, called ‘Recipes for Mixed Drinks, in 1916. The creme de violet adds a slight sky blue color which perhaps inspired the name of this drink, in honor of the new aviation industry, just starting to emerge at this early time. A robust cocktail, not for the faint of heart. Wildly popular in it’s day. Cheers!
Check out my bartending and beverage Books
Check out our Store
When is Your Next Party?
Get it touch!
What about beverage business?
Management Services and Consulting and more in our services pages.
Need a Web Site for Marketing or E-Commerce ?
Check out my web designer