- Americano Cocktail
- 1 ounce Campari Liqueur
- 1 ounce Sweet Vermouth
- 3 ounces Sparkling Water
- In a Highball glass with a lemon twist garnish
- Check out my bartending and beverage Books
- Yes, we have bartender Gear and bartender Training
- When is Your Next Party?
- What about beverage business? Management Services and Consulting
- Need a Web Site for Marketing or E-Commerce ?
The Americano is a cocktail made with Campari, Martini and Rossi sweet vermouth, and club soda. This drink was first served in Caffè Campari, in the 1860s, invented by Gaspare Campari. It was originally known as the “Milano-Torino” because of its ingredients: Campari, the bitter liqueur, is from Milan and Cinzano, the vermouth, is from Turin (Torino). In the early 1900s, the Italians noticed a surge of Americans who enjoyed the cocktail. As a compliment to the Americans, and perhaps to better sell this cocktail…it sooner or later became known as the “Americano”.
It is the first drink ordered by James Bond… in the first novel of the Ian Fleming’s, James Bond Series. This first glimpse of James Bond in… ‘Casino Royale’. Today it is renowned and enjoyed the world over, by Americans, Italians and many, many other cultures. Cheers!